lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using lucene in NFS
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:48:09 GMT
You don't say what version of lucene you are using, but in recent
versions you may need to use SimpleFSLockFactory rather than the
default, NativeFSLockFactory.  See the javadocs.  Lucene in general
does work on NFS but there can be problems, particularly with
concurrent access from multiple servers.

But your problem sounds different.  Does the NFS mount work properly
for non-lucene operations?  Or maybe you could maintain a copy of the
index on local disks and just copy it to NFS for access from other
servers.  Lucene locking should take care of locking the index when
updates are running.

--
Ian.