lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: query: order of search
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 15:42:16 GMT
Why do you care? By that I mean "what problem are you trying to solve"
(See "The XY problem at http://people.apache.org/~hossman/). The reason
I'm asking here is that very often, when people ask this kind of question
without providing background, they're trying the wrong approach to solve
a problem.

Unless you're asking for theoretical reasons, I almost guarantee that trying
to solve any problem in Lucene by changing the order of the clauses isn't
going to do you much good in the long run, there'll *always* be variant
n+1...

Best
Erick