lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ravi Patel <rpat...@live.com>
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:58:53 GMT

Using Lucene.Net

I've built an index of documents.

The documents also have a unique identifier (my identifier, not the lucene index's id).

The unique identifers are also a sort order of new-ness (higher id values are newer)

string my_id ="1234"

doc.Add(new Field("id", my_id, Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));

Searching for a particular id, or range searches are incredibly slow

TermQuery query = new TermQuery(new Term("id", "1234"));

searcher.Search(query)

Any tips on how to speed up such an search?

I'm also doing RangeSearches on lower / upper ids, and those are slow too