lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Designing a multilingual index
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 07:41:56 GMT
Le 01-avr.-10 à 16:29, henrib a écrit :
> By issuing multiple queries, one against each localized index,
> results being
> clustered by locale.
> You can further refine by translating the end-user input query terms
> for
> each locale and issue "translated" queries against the respective
> indices.
> I've seen satisfying results with "key" terms dictionaries.

What's funny here is how "uncertainty" can be pushed to different level.
I believe automated translation only makes sense if you know the exact
source language, often not the case at me so I'm merging all results
matching all languages, add it with the possibility of typos and
phonetic matching...

Btw, can a lot of people report on successful language matching on
using soundex, metaphone or double-metaphone for phonetic matching?

thanks in advance

paul