lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen Greene" <>
Subject RE: Term offsets for highlighting
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:27:42 GMT
Hi Koji,

An additional question. Is it possible to access the FieldTermStack from
the FastVectorHighlighter after the it has been populated with matching
terms from the field?

I think this would provide an ideal solution for this problem, as
ultimately I am only concerned with returning positional offsets to have
highlighting tags applied to them in a separate process.

Thank you for your insight,

-----Original Message-----
From: Koji Sekiguchi []
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2010 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: Term offsets for highlighting

Stephen Greene wrote:
> Hi Koji,
> Thank you for your reply. I did try the QueryScorer without success,
> I was using Lucene 2.4.x
Hi Steve,

I thought you were using 2.9 or later because you mentioned
FastVectorHighlighter in your previous mail (FVH was first
introduced in 2.9). If I remember it correctly, 2.4's QueryScorer
doesn't recognize phrase, but SpanScorer does.

> I noticed in the upgrade documentation that some changes had been made
> relative to QueryScorer and QueryTermScorer in 3.1. I thought I would
> check if someone else had come up with a solution for returning term
> offsets before I set out to refactor the existing code. Do you have
> insight as to whether the fast vector highlighter would offer any
> benefits in this area over the highlighter package?
I'm not sure FVH offers benefit for you, but yes, FVH can
recognize phrase and highlight terms per phrase.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: