lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen Greene" <SGre...@metalseconomics.com>
Subject RE: Term offsets for highlighting
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:50:32 GMT
Hi Koji,

SpanScorer was not highlighting correctly for me in 2.4.x. I have
upgraded to 3.1 in the hopes of having better luck!

Thank you,

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Koji Sekiguchi [mailto:koji@r.email.ne.jp]
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2010 10:42 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Term offsets for highlighting

Stephen Greene wrote:
> Hi Koji,
>
> Thank you for your reply. I did try the QueryScorer without success,
but
> I was using Lucene 2.4.x

Hi Steve,

I thought you were using 2.9 or later because you mentioned
FastVectorHighlighter in your previous mail (FVH was first
introduced in 2.9). If I remember it correctly, 2.4's QueryScorer
doesn't recognize phrase, but SpanScorer does.

> I noticed in the upgrade documentation that some changes had been made
> relative to QueryScorer and QueryTermScorer in 3.1. I thought I would
> check if someone else had come up with a solution for returning term
> offsets before I set out to refactor the existing code. Do you have
any
> insight as to whether the fast vector highlighter would offer any
> benefits in this area over the highlighter package?

I'm not sure FVH offers benefit for you, but yes, FVH can
recognize phrase and highlight terms per phrase.

Koji

--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/