lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen Greene" <SGre...@metalseconomics.com>
Subject Term offsets for highlighting
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:49:41 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to determine begin and end offsets for terms and phrases
matching a query.

Is there a way using either the highlighter or fast vector highlighter
in contrib?

I have already attempted extending the highlighter which would match
terms but would not match phrases.

The reason I am attempting this is the document content is stored in a
separate database.

I need to get a list of the begin and end offsets for all matches so
that I can highlight the text coming from the other database.

Best regards,

Steve