lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Clara Vania <chubz_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Range Score in Lucene
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:32:18 GMT
Really thanks for the quick reply,

I want to find documents similar to one document (let's call it document A) in my index. To
do this I use the MoreLikeThis class to help create query from document A. I also included
document A in my index, so I assumed that I will have document A at the first rank. When I
do the searching, I print out the top 10 documents along with their
score. As I assumed before, I have document A in the first rank, but the score is above 1
(score=1.841656).

I think lucene score have range [0..1] because it uses cosine similarity, where score 1 means
that two documents are perfectly similar and 0 means that there are no similarity between
two document, but why I get document score above 1?

Thanks,

-Clara