lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 刘庆志 <liuqingz...@gmail.com>
Subject how to design Lucene Document and Field to indexing and searching email message and attachments
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 06:35:34 GMT
hi all:
our bussiness system generate some data,that information structrue like email message,one
message have some attachments,so we can use email message to think of our data,I need index
and search the message and its attachments,and when display hits,must display two kinds of
links for every hit: one kind for message,and the other for attachments which match the query
criteria,so the former kind there is only one link,but latter may be zero to n links.
one design may be as:for every message design one Lucene Document,it has a field to record
its id,let's name the field id,an other field to correspond all its attachments,let's name
the field attachments,afert that we also design a Lucene Document to correspond every message's
every attachment,this Document has a field record its message's id,let's name the field messageid,
so when query,we can retrieval messages may be itself's cotent or its attachments content
match the query criteria,for generating links for attachments which match the query criteria,we
can requey again,this time we can query only the message's attachments by adding a query condition
that messageid=father query's messge id.it's obviously,there are two disadvantages: 1,it indexes
attachments twice,one in message,and the other in Lucene Document for attachment.2,user's
one query becomes 1+n query,1 for query message and its all attachments,n for requery the
message's every attachments.is there any better solution?

dazhi

Thanks for any hints!!!