lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Justin <>
Subject Highlighter usage
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:21:46 GMT
I'm trying to use Highlighter with QueryScorer after reading:

The problem is: I'm not getting a result unless my the query term is an exact match.  Am I
missing filters?  Is there a more complete example of how this should work?

    String content = "Global Climate Change affects us all";

    String field = "content";

    // Unstemmed, matched case works
    //query.add(new TermQuery(new Term(field, "Climate")), BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);

    // Stemmed, lowercase doesn't work
    query.add(new TermQuery(new Term(field, "climat")), BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);
    query.add(new TermQuery(new Term(field, "affect")), BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);

    Highlighter highlighter = new Highlighter(new QueryScorer(query, field));

    TokenStream ts = htmlStripAnalyzer.tokenStream(field, new StringReader(content));
    ts = new CachingTokenFilter(ts);

    System.out.println(highlighter.getBestFragment(ts, content));

Thanks for any feedback,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message