lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <>
Subject Re: Term offsets for highlighting
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2010 13:41:49 GMT
Stephen Greene wrote:
> Hi Koji,
> Thank you for your reply. I did try the QueryScorer without success, but
> I was using Lucene 2.4.x
Hi Steve,

I thought you were using 2.9 or later because you mentioned
FastVectorHighlighter in your previous mail (FVH was first
introduced in 2.9). If I remember it correctly, 2.4's QueryScorer
doesn't recognize phrase, but SpanScorer does.

> I noticed in the upgrade documentation that some changes had been made
> relative to QueryScorer and QueryTermScorer in 3.1. I thought I would
> check if someone else had come up with a solution for returning term
> offsets before I set out to refactor the existing code. Do you have any
> insight as to whether the fast vector highlighter would offer any
> benefits in this area over the highlighter package?
I'm not sure FVH offers benefit for you, but yes, FVH can
recognize phrase and highlight terms per phrase.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message