lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Justin <cry...@yahoo.com>
Subject HTMLStripReader, HTMLStripCharFilter
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 20:48:03 GMT
Just out of curiousity, why does LUCENE-1377 have a minor priorty?

Don't people index, filter, search HTML, perhaps more than any other format?

Looks like Solr has moved from a Reader to CharFilter:

http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/analysis/HTMLStripCharFilter.html
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/src/java/org/apache/solr/analysis/HTMLStripCharFilter.java

If the Lucene developers prefer a contrib package or to keep such an extension in Solr, the
issue should probably be closed.  I'm not sure I follow the discussion in JIRA as Solr developers
can choose whether or not to use any class added to Lucene at any time after its addition.

Thanks for any feedback,
Justin