lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tomislav Poljak <tpol...@gmail.com>
Subject NumericField indexing performance
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:12:47 GMT
Hi,
is it normal for indexing time to increase up to 10 times after
introducing NumericField instead of Field (for two fields)?

I've changed two date fields from String representation (Field) to
NumericField, now it is:

doc.add(new NumericField("time").setIntValue(date.getTime()/24/3600))

and after this change indexing took 10x more time (before it was few
minutes and after more than an hour and half). I've tested with a simple
counter like this:

doc.add(new NumericField("endTime").setIntValue(count++))

but nothing changed, it still takes around 10x longer. If I comment
adding one numeric field to index time drops significantly and if I
comment both fields indexing takes only few minutes again.

Tomislav