lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sirish Vadala <sirishre...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with search
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:59:13 GMT

Hello All,

I am kind of new to Lucene, and having problem filtering search results.

Background:

My Indexed documents have multiple bills and each bill has multiple
versions.

Each version of the same bill has a different bill Version Id, but the same
bill Id. In most likely case, the text in different versions varies only
slightly. The text for all these versions indexed.

Problem:

Lets say, for a particular search term, if it is present in one version of
the bill, in most cases it is present in all other versions too. So the
users have come up with a requirement stating that they would like to see
only the latest bill version for the same bill having this search term.

So when I perform a search for a particular word, I might get different
versions of the same bill, but have to display only the latest record for
that bill. I did some research and understood that filters could be used to
implement this kind of requirement, however I am not sure how to proceed.

Any hints on how to implement this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.