lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: preserving markup of content ?
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 06:27:39 GMT
The "simple" solution is very easy:
Index the markup-free document by adding with new Field.Index.ANALYZED and Field.Store.NO,
so it does not get stored. Then again add the same data (but with markup) to the index with
Field.Store.YES but Field.Index.NO. If you like you can do this even with the same field name.

This works, as long as you don't need query highlighting, because the offsets from the first
field addition cannot be used for highlighting inside the text with markup. In this case,
you have to write your own analyzer that removes the markup in the tokenizer, but preserves
the original offsets. Examples of this are e.g. The Wikipedia contrib in Lucene, which has
an hand-crafted analyzer that can handle Mediawiki Markup syntax.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de