lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Murdoch, Paul" <PAUL.B.MURD...@saic.com>
Subject RE: NumericRangeQuery in BooleanQuery
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 01:26:23 GMT
Yes and no.  I extended the QueryParser and overrode the getRangeQuery method to let it build
NRQ.  When parsing a BooleanQuery containing NRQ using the extended QueryParser the overridden
getRangeQuery was never being called.  I think it was still using the QueryParser's.  In the
end I'm building my queries in code directly.  That's working for me so far.

Thanks,

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: java-user-return-45833-PAUL.B.MURDOCH=saic.com@lucene.apache.org [mailto:java-user-return-45833-PAUL.B.MURDOCH=saic.com@lucene.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Uwe Schindler
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 6:09 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: NumericRangeQuery in BooleanQuery

Thats not true, do you build the NumericRangeQuery in code, or do you use QueryParser. The
latter is not able to produce NRQ without customizing!

Else numeric RangeQueries are no magically converted they stay and are rewritten to CustomSCoreQueries.
-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de