lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kev Kilroy <kevinkil...@hotmail.com>
Subject Sorting case insensitive wildcard query (with highlight)
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:47:21 GMT

Hi,

I'm using Lucene 2.4.1 with Hibernate Search 3.1.1. I have objects in the index, for each
field I index as follows:

@Fields( value = {
        @Field(index = Index.TOKENIZED, store = Store.YES),
        @Field(name = "name_forSort", index = Index.UN_TOKENIZED, store = Store.NO),
    })

Therefore, I can search on the 1st field, & sort on the second field. This works fine,
however, the sorting results are case sensitive.

So, for example my results come back as:

But I would like

If I lowercase everything when I create the index, I do indeed get the results back as expected,
however, when I search, the (highlighted) results come back in lower case.

For example: if I search for: d Or D (note I am using wildcard queries (d*)

I get:

dorcan road,

whereas, when I just list the results it comes back as Dorcan Road (which is what I want).

Can anybody provide an example of how I can sort case insensitively?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/