lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Rhoden <jrho...@unimelb.edu.au>
Subject Re: Searching Subversion comments:
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:45:23 GMT
I am not trying to evangelise git, but more just curious if you guys have ever looked at switching
to a distributed source control system. The branching / merging capabilities mean you really
don't have to use patches to collect changes from non trusted parties.

See this google tech talk if your interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

On 09/03/2010, at 8:37 AM, Robert Muir wrote:

>> Also, in the open source realm:
>>
>> 3. ViewVC (formerly ViewCVS) has a facility to query revision history, including
commit messages.  Apache's instance, which serves Lucene's repository, doesn't expose this
functionality, though....