lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Vinicius Carvalho <viniciusccarva...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on number of fields in a document
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:51:52 GMT
Hello there! We are indexing metadata for our medias. One ideia is that each
user adds its own metadata, so each document may have different
number/name/type of fields. Is this ok on Lucene? I mean, is Lucene ok with
the this relax approach.

Also, considering that each user may define its own metadata, we may have
several different types of fields. Is there a limit for this?

Regards

--
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the
rational mind is a faithful servant. We have