lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Bruno <andrew.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Corrupt index? Can I recover it?
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 00:45:31 GMT
Hi all,

I am using Compass 1.1 with Lucene 2

Our product offers a 2 lucene sub-indexes per customer, A and B, where
B extends A.
In size, A & B are about 15G, where A =10G

We had a server failure a few days ago related to corrupt RAM, and
when the server came back up, and services restarted OK (or so it
appears from logs).

A few days later we have uncovered that index A does not have any
documents indexed prior to server failure, only new documents after
server failure.
Index B is OK.

Index A has millions of documents indexed against it.  Is there a way
that I could try and repair it, even offline?

Thanks
Andrew