lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: about lucene in action 2
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2010 10:13:49 GMT
Flushing means stuff (added docs, deletions) buffered in RAM are moved
to disk, ie, written as new segment files.

But the new segments_N file, referencing these new segments, is not written.

Nor are the files "sync"'d.

This means a newly opened or reopened reader will not see the changes.

In order to make the changes "visible" you have to call IndexWriter.commit.

Mike