lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <>
Subject Re: using lucene from apache threads
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:38:15 GMT
Indexes aren't exactly loaded into memory when opened, but your
approach certainly is inefficient.  A common alternative is to have
apache talking to e.g. tomcat and tomcat will keep an index open.  Or
send queries to solr or a daemon or whatever.  Your cgi scripts could
run a program which talks to solr which would keep the index open.
Lots of options but running a program which opens a searcher for every
invocation is probably the most inefficient of all!