lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: another question about phrasequery?(thanks again)
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:35:39 GMT
I'm not clear what exactly you are asking.  With your examples:

Document 1: little boy is running
Document 2:boy is little

a phrase query for "little boy" will match the first and not the
second.  Is that what you want?

a phrase query for "litter boy" won't match either, but a general
query might match on boy depending on how you set your must/should
qualifiers.

So maybe you should have a 2 phase approach: do a phrase query and
stop if you get hits or do a general non-phrase query if you don't.
Alternatively issue both at the same time but with the phrase query
boosted.

--
Ian.