lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to use DuplicateFilter to get unique documents based on a fieldName
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:07:23 GMT
If the field you want to use for deduping is ISBN, create a
DuplicateFilter using whatever your ISBN field name is as the field
name and pass that to one of the search methods that takes a filter.

If your index is large I'd be worried about performance and would look
at deduping at indexing time i.e. have one lucene document per ISBN.

--
Ian.