lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optimising the lucene search
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:06:50 GMT
Hi,

I couldn't really get the point here. Do you think you would never have to
search the fields separately? Concatenating the fields would mean a lot of
information loss and you'd not be able to search the fields for a query like
(Field1:X AND Field2:Y ) . If that's the case you could combine the fields
at run time.
As far as relational nature is concerned, I'd say lucene's model is pretty
different from what you're taking it to be. Lucene documents are just a
collection of field/value pairs.

--
Anshum Gupta
Naukri Labs!