lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From N Hira <nh...@cognocys.com>
Subject Re: Searching Subversion comments:
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:47:36 GMT
I use "svn diff --change <revisionNumber>" to get the list of files associated with a
given commit.

You might also want to look at http://freshmeat.net/projects/svnweb/

HTH

-h

________________________________
From: Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>
To: java-user <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Mon, March 8, 2010 2:48:41 PM
Subject: Searching Subversion comments:

Before I reinvent the wheel.....

Is there any convenient way to, say, find all the files associated with
patch XXXX? I realize one can (hopefully) get this information from JIRA,
but... This is a subset of the problem of searching Subversion comments.

I can see it being useful, especially for people coming into the code fresh.
Grep (or the equivalent in the IDE) only goes so far. If there's any
interest, I'm thinking of playing with http://svn-search.sourceforge.net/ to
see what I could see and report back. It should be easy enough to set up on
my machine at home, although I'm not set up to show it to others.

And it's even based on Lucene. This is feeling recursive..

Mostly I'm checking to see if something like this has already been done and
I just missed the boat. Besides, I'm curious...

Erick