lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Smith" <ssm...@mainstreamdata.com>
Subject Numeric Range Filter - bug or documentation oversight
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 07:53:45 GMT
I've been updating from 2.4.2 to 3.0.1.  I had a number of issues (The
Version object in the analyzers was an "interesting" addition-I guess I
don't understand the use case for them. I understand what it says; I was
just surprised and it caused me some problems since I create analyzers
with reflection).

But here's the issue that I solved but it seems like there is either a
bug in the NumericRangeFilter or there is some additional documentation
needed.  I created a NumericRangeFilter with a null for the min.  I
would have thought that that meant the minInclusive could have been true
or false and it wouldn't make a difference.  That wasn't my experience.
It appears that it needs to be true for things to work the way I would
expect.  It seems like that behavior should be documented or if it's a
bug, it should be fixed (but maybe I'm missing a use case).

Btw- I believe the example in the first part of the description of this
class has the min and max values reversed.

Filter f = NumericRangeFilter.newFloatRange("weight", 0.3f, 0.10f, true,
true);