lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Renaud Delbru <renaud.del...@deri.org>
Subject Re: Flex API - Debugging Segment Merge
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:08:14 GMT
Hi Michael,

On 25/03/10 19:15, Michael McCandless wrote:
>> I am using one single thread for indexing: reading sequentially the list of
>> wikipedia articles, putting the content into a single field, and add the
>> document to the index. Commit is done every 10K documents.
>>
> Are you using contrib/benchmark for this?  That makes it very easy to
> run tests like this... hmm though we need to extend it so you can
> specify which Codec to use...

No, I have implemented a simple benchmark platform for measuring
indexing time and query time. But indeed, I saw that you have a
wikipedia extractor, this could have save us some time.
> You can instrument the code (or catch the exc in a debugger) to see
> all these details?

Yes, I did that today, and finally got all the information I needed to
find the problems.
It was indeed a bug in my PFor implementation, that was occurring only
in very rare cases.

I'll start the query benchmark this week end. Let's hope I'll have
something to share during the next week.

Cheers
--
Renaud Delbru