lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jamie <ja...@stimulussoft.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Lucene 3.0 Search Performance Stats]
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:05:04 GMT
Hi Suman

Here are some of the things we did:

- cache searcher/s
- cache indexreader/s
- all users use the same searchers
- perform a background search when apps starts to warm up search engine
- use numerics where necessary
- use shorter dates (i.e. do you really need a granularity of up to the
second?)
- if you have any custom analyzers, optimize them for efficiency

If you have realtime indexes
- cache index readers for a few seconds at a time

Regards,

Jamie