lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Dealing with special cases in analyser
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:27:54 GMT
Hi, I'm using a custom analyser based on standardanalyser with good
results to search artists (i.e rolling stones/beatles) but it fails to
match some weird artists names such as '!!!', this is not suprising
because the analyser ignores punctuation which is what I want it to
normally. I just wonder the best way to deal with these special cases.

My first idea was to use a version of CharFilter
(PatternReplaceCharFilter) to replace certain patterns such as '!!!' to
'ApostropheApostropheApostophe' so they would remain intact , but I'm
worried about the overhead of doing this, is there something else I
should be  doing.

thanks Paul