lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File descriptor leak in ParallelReader.reopen()
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 00:00:02 GMT
On 03/04/2010 06:52 PM, Justin wrote:
> Hi Mike and others,
>
> I have a test case for you (attached) that exhibits a file descriptor leak in ParallelReader.reopen().
 I listed the OS, JDK, and snapshot of Lucene that I'm using in the source code.

> A loop adds just over 4000 documents to an index, reopening the index after each, before
my system hits an already increased file descriptor limit of 8192.  I've also got a thread
that reports the number of documents in the index and warms a searcher using the reader.
To simulate continued use by my application the searchers are not discarded.