lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how lucene search works in memory
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:49:57 GMT
First, I'd be sure you need to. See the following:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveSearchingSpeed

<http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveSearchingSpeed>A lot of very
bright people have worked very hard at
optimizing Lucene's search *and* the op system
caching. I'd carefully examine my system first to see
if I'm making optimal use of what already exists before
assuming that a custom solution (that I have to maintain)
is the correct answer...

FWIW
Erick