lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dealing with special cases in analyser
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:58:36 GMT
What's your current chain of TokenFilters?  How many exceptions do you expect?  That is, could
you enumerate them?

On Mar 12, 2010, at 5:27 AM, Paul Taylor wrote:

> Hi, I'm using a custom analyser based on standardanalyser with good results to search
artists (i.e rolling stones/beatles) but it fails to match some weird artists names such as
'!!!', this is not suprising because the analyser ignores punctuation which is what I want
it to normally. I just wonder the best way to deal with these special cases.

> My first idea was to use a version of CharFilter (PatternReplaceCharFilter) to replace
certain patterns such as '!!!' to 'ApostropheApostropheApostophe' so they would remain intact
, but I'm worried about the overhead of doing this, is there something else I should be  doing.