lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Searching Subversion comments:
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:35:09 GMT
Hi Erick,

On 03/08/2010 at 3:48 PM, Erick Erickson wrote:
> Is there any convenient way to, say, find all the files associated with
> patch XXXX? I realize one can (hopefully) get this information from
> JIRA, but... This is a subset of the problem of searching Subversion
> comments.

I know of two commercial implementations (probably not what you're after):

1. Atlassian provides SVN access to open source software projects via hosted FishEye instances.
 Here's their ASF instance:

  http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/

Mahout has apparently set this up already, and I assume Lucene-java could do the same:

  http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/mahout

You can query comments and just about anything else -- see the "Query" tab.

2. IntelliJ IDEA's "Repository" tab in the "Changes" pane provides a VC system browser (Subversion
among I don't know how many others) with a commit message search box -- from a revision hit
from a commit message search, you can see a tree view of modified files, and then double click
on each of them to see side-by-side colored differences.  Extremely slick.

Also, in the open source realm:

3. ViewVC (formerly ViewCVS) has a facility to query revision history, including commit messages.
 Apache's instance, which serves Lucene's repository, doesn't expose this functionality, though....

Steve