lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marc Sturlese <marc.sturl...@gmail.com>
Subject score and multiValued fields
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:58:04 GMT

I would like to know how Lucene deals with the score on multiValued fields.
I am wandering if:
1) a score is computed per field and the maximum between them wins
or
2)all terms of all fields (from the multivalued field) influence eachother
to compute the score

Let's say I have a document with a multiValued field "content" indexed 3
times and another document with the field indexed just once

Doc1: content->aa; content->bb; content->dd ff gg
Doc2: content->aa b

Searching for content:aa, Doc1 would be more relevant if supososition 1) is
correct. Doc2 would be more relevant if suposition 2) is correct
How does it work?
Thanks in advance