lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marc Sturlese <marc.sturl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DisjunctionMaxQuery with tie breaker=1 same as MultiFieldQueryParser?
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:57:58 GMT

Thanks Hoss for the useful info.

Acording the coord(q,d) definition it's calculated at document level. It's
said:
is a score factor based on how many of the query terms are found in the
specified document
If I am just searching for a term, "ipod" in this case, how would be coord
computed? Would in this case coord(q,d) matter at all? (I understand that
not)

In case I search for 2 terms in 2 fields but making compulsory for both
terms to appear in at least one of the fields, would coord matter? (I
understand that not)

As far as I understant documentation, coord just matters when you are not
doing a pure AND between the query terms you want to search.

Am I correct?