lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marc Sturlese <marc.sturl...@gmail.com>
Subject DisjunctionMaxQuery with tie breaker=1 same as MultiFieldQueryParser?
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:55:50 GMT

Hey there,
If I want to search let's say "ipod" in three different fields (device,
sound,technology)
Would be the same to use a DisjunctionMaxQuery with the tie braker = 1 than
to use a MultiFieldQueryParser with and OR to build the boolean queries?

As far as I understood in the api documentation, DisjuntionMaxQuery with tie
breaker = 0 would do score = max(device, sound,technology) but tie breaker=
1 would do score=device +  sound + technology.

MultiFieldQueryParser builds boolean queries, wich I thing work doing:
score=device +  sound + technology

Am I correct?