lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "anisha@ekkitab" <ani...@ekkitab.com>
Subject how to use DuplicateFilter to get unique documents based on a fieldName
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 12:43:26 GMT

Hi there, Could someone help me with the usage of DuplicateFilters. Here is
my problem

I have created a search index on book Id , title ,and author from a database
of books which fall under various categories. Some books fall under more
than one category. Now, when i issue a search, I get back 'X' books matching
the search criteria, some of which are repeated, because that books are in
different documents and its the expected behaviour.

I use the  TopFieldDocCollector . getTotalHits() to get the total count. But
this includes the repeats as mentioned above. This count is not the actual
count, Hence when I issue a search on title or author i want to get a unique
count / list of books. How do I use DuplicateFilter to acheive this.

Please help

Regards
Anish