lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From -Arne- <arne.bal...@googlemail.com>
Subject Highlighting large documents (Lucene 3.0.0)
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 11:15:18 GMT

Hi,

I'm using Lucene 3.0.0 and have large documents to search (logfiles
0,5-20MB). For better search results the query tokens are truncated left and
right. A search for "user" is made to "*user*". The performance of searching
even complex queries with more than one searchterm is quite good. But
highlighting the search results took quite a while. I have tried the default
Highlighter, which doesn't seemed to be fast enough and the
FastVectorHighlighter, which seems to be fast enought, but didn't return
fragments for truncated queries, for not truncated query I got fragments.
Could anybode please tell me what is the best way to highlight large
documents and, if the FastVectorHighlighter is the solution for faster
highlighting, how to highlight truncated search queries.

Thanks in advance,
-Arne-