lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Justin <cry...@yahoo.com>
Subject File descriptor leak in ParallelReader.reopen()
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 23:52:21 GMT
Hi Mike and others,

I have a test case for you (attached) that exhibits a file descriptor leak in ParallelReader.reopen().
 I listed the OS, JDK, and snapshot of Lucene that I'm using in the source code.

A loop adds just over 4000 documents to an index, reopening the index after each, before my
system hits an already increased file descriptor limit of 8192.  I've also got a thread that
reports the number of documents in the index and warms a searcher using the reader.  To simulate
continued use by my application the searchers are not discarded.

Let me know if you need help reproducing the problem or can help identify it.

Thanks!
Justin