lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Justin <cry...@yahoo.com>
Subject 2-pass scoring of top docs
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 19:52:28 GMT
I've looked at this for a couple days and hope someone can offer suggestions...

In the past, we overrode Scorer::score(Collector), called super.score(Collector), called Collector.topDocs(),
adjusted the scores for a portion of the top docs, then ran Collector.collect(int) to collect
based on the new scores before returning from Scorer::score(Collector).

Now, it appears that a Collector object cannot be reused in the same way.  TopScoreDocCollector.pqTop
is set the first time through, affecting how subsequent documents are collected.  I'd use
a temporary collector, but there is no clone method and no get methods for the necessary constructor
parameters (e.g. number of documents to collect).

Does anyone have a suggestion for "2-pass scoring" of top docs?

Thanks,
Justin