lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Guillermo Payet <gpa...@localharvest.org>
Subject Re: Lucene Spatial
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:35:59 GMT
Hello Grant,

> Is there a specific thing you are having a problem with?

In LocalLucene, we use DistanceSortSource for sorting, which is no more.
How do we do distance sorting in Spatial?

Also, we use BoundaryBoxFilter to show all points visible in a zoomable
map.  This class is no longer there either.  What replaces it?

Thanks.

    --G

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 03:48:13PM -0400, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Hi Guillermo,
>
> I think you will find that Lucene Spatial is going under a significant rewrite in the
coming weeks, so I'm hesitant to recommend you upgrading to it at this point in time.  That
being said, the concepts behind Lucene Spatial and LocalLucene aren't all that different,
so it should be fairly easy to upgrade.  Is there a specific thing you are having a problem
with?  That might be easier to get a handle on then the general question of how to do this.