lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Joachim De Beule <joac...@arti.vub.ac.be>
Subject exact query match?
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:25:31 GMT
Hi All,

I have a corpus of documents which I want to search for phrases. I only want
to get those documents that exactly contain a phrase. for example if:
doc1 = "x 11 windowing system"
doc2 = "x windowing system"
doc3 = "the x 11 windowing system"

then I want the query "x 11 windowing system" to return only doc1 and doc3 and
the query "the x 11" to return only doc3.

I have tried to use SimpleAnalyzer together with using the query as a single
phrase, but this still also gives doc2 for the first example query because this
analyzer discards the number 11. There does not seem to be an alternative
analyzer for this however, and I don't know how to write one myself.

Is there a standard way of doing this?

Thanks!

Joachim.