lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From luocan19826...@sohu.com
Subject Re: another question about phrasequery?(thanks again)
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 00:59:57 GMT
sorry, describle again.

Document 1: little boy is runningDocument 2:boy is littleI mean that a  query for
"little boy" will match the both document.
the Document that only has term "boy" and "little" will match the query.
the document 1 add some sore beacuse it exactly match the query(term position totally match).do
I describe clearly?

for example:
Document 1: little boy is runningDocument 2:boy is littleI query "little boy"
Document 1 add score 100(Exact match)Document 2 add score 0( not Exact match)

----- 原文 ----- 发件人: Ian Lea 主 题: Re: another question about phrasequery?(thanks
again)时 间: 2010年3月22日 22:35:39
I'm not clear what exactly you are asking. With your examples:Document 1: little boy is runningDocument
2:boy is littlea phrase query for "little boy" will match the first and not thesecond. Is
that what you want?a phrase query for "litter boy" won't match either, but a generalquery
might match on boy depending on how you set your must/shouldqualifiers.So maybe you should
have a 2 phase approach: do a phrase query andstop if you get hits or do a general non-phrase
query if you don't.Alternatively issue both at the same time but with the phrase queryboosted.--Ian.On