lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: File descriptor leak in ParallelReader.reopen()
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 00:26:51 GMT
See my other mail for you file descriptor leak.

A short note about your search code:

You should not directly instantiate a TopScoreDocCollector but instead use the Searcher method
that returns TopDocs. This has the benefit, that the searcher automatically chooses the right
parameter for scoring docs out/in order. In your example, search would be a little faster
when using the in-order collector (which orders documents faster). But only for MatchAllDocs!
Some BooleanQueries behave different.

So simply use TopDocs td = searcher.serach(query, count);

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de