lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Murdoch, Paul" <PAUL.B.MURD...@saic.com>
Subject Batch Indexing - best practice?
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:41:47 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Lucene 2.9.2.  Currently, when creating my index, I'm calling
indexWriter.addDocument(doc) for each Document I want to index.  The
Documents aren't large and I'm averaging indexing about 500 documents
every 90 seconds.  I'd like to try and speed this up....unless 90
seconds for 500 Documents is reasonable.  I have the merge factor set to
1000.  Do you have any suggestions for batch indexing?  Is there
something like indexWriter.addDocuments(Document[] docs) in the API?

Thanks.

Paul