lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jm <jmugur...@gmail.com>
Subject questions on upgrading to 3.0: Version.LUCENE_* and Field.setOmitNorms()
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:47:32 GMT
Hi,

previously I was using 2.9 (upgraded from 2.4 but did not fix warnings
etc). Now I have upgraded to 3.0, so I had to fix all deprecated
methods etc. My question is with Version type parameter in some
Token* classes.

Some of our customers have our product with lucene 2.4 (some upgraded
from 2.3), and some have a newer version with lucene 2.9 (with
warnings etc). What Version value should I use now? The smallest say
Version.LUCENE_23 ? Any concern when they upgrade to the next of our
version with lucene 3.0?

Also I was using Field.Index.TOKENIZED and Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED,
but all fields had field.setOmitNorms(true);
Now I see there is Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED_NO_NORMS, I guess I can
just use Field.Index.ANALYZED/Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED and continue
calling field.setOmitNorms(true) on all fields right?

many thanks