lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cristian Vat <cristian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: get the total number of hits of a query
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:27:54 GMT
You shouldn't set the number of documents wanted to Integer.MAX_VALUE.
The number of documents to the search method gives the size of the hit queue
where the results are stored so you would end up consuming a lot of memory.

Much easier to set it to something very small. Lucene must traverse all the
hits in any case to give you the highest scoring documents so totalHits
should be correct.

-
Cristian Vat