lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dima Volsky <vol...@gmail.com>
Subject Managing MultiReader in multi-treaded application
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 07:14:55 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying run a scenario in which I have one index writer and several
readers. I use the MultiReader for searching on several indexes.
The application is multi-threaded so the MultiReader is accessed from
several threads sequentialy.

In some stage during the run I get AlreadyClosedException: this IndexReader
is closed

I wanted an advise about best practices running such a scenario.

Should I use the IncRef and the DecRef for managing the MultiReader