lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Lisheng" <Lisheng.Zh...@BroadVision.com>
Subject Improving Zend lucene search - general guidance?
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 22:43:34 GMT

Hi,

I have been using Java/lucene for a few years and it works well for me.

Recently we started to use PHP/lucene from Zend, I found some problems, especially
that for each query, it immediately loads whole term id/score (other info..) array into
memory, this would cause memory exhausion if there are many docs and query is based
on a common term.

I plan to improve PHP lucene query implementation based on Java lucene (I know Java
lucene code reasonably OK), but it seems that a lot of changes are needed, I would just
like a high level guidance: is this doable within a week, have other people already had similar

experiences?

Thanks very much for helps, Lisheng